Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Old Pictures and New News

Here are some of my favorites from Garden of the Gods...

Trudy liked to carry Nico around all day. (Or maybe not.)
Mom and I liked to look cute in a picture together.
Egan liked to play in the dirt. Trudy liked to take pictures of herself like this.
Now for the news...I got off the meal plan! After an entire summer of trying, it finally happened. And I'm not entirely sure how. I still kind of think it may be a mistake. But hey, I'm going to take advantage of it! I'm going grocery shopping this evening for actual food.
I've been very busy with my class lately- like 6+ hours a day. It's alright though, because I love it, and I don't have a job (yet). I'm making all kinds of cool stuff, both in class and out. Trudy mentioned that y'all haven't seen anything lately, so I took some pictures. I'm hoping to get them posted here tonight or tomorrow.
I'm enjoying the nicer weather...most days it's in the 70s and sun shiney. My friend Pidgeon and I are sort of, kind of planning a birthday celebration (we share a birthday). We've talked about it a tiny bit while weaving side by side. I think I'm going to try to crochet her a pigeon. Speaking of birthdays, Robert turned 21 last Thursday! So happy late birthday to him.
I'm still loving my room, and tolerating the long walk to class. Tomorrow is a work day, with no actual class, so I plan to be in the studio all day long. I'm working on a very special surprise for Mom, and I love how it's turning out already. (By the way, if you don't already know this, the studio is in the basment of Worner Center, and we don't have cell reception, so if you call and get my voice mail, please leave a message so I know you called.)
I hope everyone else is doing just as well as I am.

1 comment:

Jean said...

We are too cute! I love the picture of us. I also love seeing the pics of Trudy, Egan, and Nico. I'm glad you're still loving your room, it was spacious compared to the other two you've had. So what is the plan for your b-day? You'll have to fill us in. Thanks for posting the pics. I can't wait to see everything you've made in this class. Love you, MOM