Friday, January 30, 2009

Winter Ball is tonight...

I never thought I would go to Winter Ball. I didn't go last year, and I didn't really have any desire to go this year. But then Megan called and guilted me and convinced me to go dress shopping with her. I told her I would go to Winter Ball if I could find a dress I liked. I figured there was really no way I would find one I liked and that fit and was in my price range. But...Macy's is closing. So they had some ridiculous sales. And I'm going to Winter Ball tonight.

Here's my dress...
I love it. I think it's gorgeous on me.

The theme for this year's Winter Ball is Masquerade, so I'm about to head downtown to Zeezo's (our friendly neighborhood costume shop) to buy a cheapo mask. The Ball is being held at the Antlers Hilton ball room, which is super duper fancy. I heard it cost $17,000 just for the hotel and food. (Not even dinner, just snacks.)

This should be interesting.

3 comments:

ABCD Diaries said...

wow! that dress really is gorgeous! i bet you looked fabulous! hope you had a great time:) let us know how it was...i've never been to a ball before:)

Unknown said...

Well, do tell how the night was? Your dress was so very pretty. Hope you had fun. Sounded like it was fancy schmancy!
tAMMY

Trudy said...

Are you feeling better yet? Noticed you haven't been blogging this week.