Sunday, October 11, 2009

Crafty Goodness

In case I haven't told you yet...I adore my sewing machine. I love the idea of sewing and the process of sewing and the results of sewing. I love trying out new patterns and making up my own patterns and experimenting to see what I can make. I made this little apron yesterday. I'm not entirely sure on the sizing, but it's supposed to fit the 3-6 age range. Since I'd never made an apron before, I didn't use my most beautiful fabrics. It ties at the top and back.

This is what the pattern looks like.
It's completely reversible, but the back of this one is very plain.
I also made this pretty thing yesterday.
Doesn't it look nice? And it's lined with a coordinating color.
And this is what it actually is, a cup cozy. It's meant to be used on coffee cups, like from Starbucks or something, so you don't have to use the cardboard sleeves. You can just reuse this instead.
And I'm still popping out the animals. A trip to Hobby Lobby last week set me up on yarn, so I'm just working on making stuff for the craft fair in a couple months.
Aren't these little guys cute?
And who can resist crocheted food? Pumpkin pie with whipped cream...yum!
And lastly, a simple ice cream sandwich.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Now I'm really hungry after seeing the food. You've made a lot of cute stuff. I love the little hippos. They will sell very quickly I'm sure. I do have to ask what the red and white things are. I wasn't sure. The apron is very cute. I love the idea of mother/daughter matching aprons. Love you lots, MOM

Anonymous said...

OMG, you are so talented. Good to see Grandma Colwell's skills have gone to someone in our family! As you may know all of Grandma Richards' sister knitted and crochet but for some reason Grandma didn't. Maybe because she was to busy having babies? lol

Love you bunches...
Aunt Lisa