Saturday, November 21, 2009

A crocheted cheeseburger?

With the craft fair coming up so soon (only 13 days!) I really need to step up the crocheting. One reason I haven't been blogging so much lately is because I've been doing so much crafting. I did take a little break from craft fair stuff to work on some crocheted food that I'm trading to another crafter for some christmas gifts. First, a bowl of blackberries...
A bowl of strawberries...
A bowl of eggs...
A bowl of chicken nuggets...
A plump, juicy hot dog...
And the coolest part, in my opinion, a cheeseburger...
And here are all the pieces of the burger...
I still have some craft fair stuff to show you, though. These snowmen just make me smile. Their faces are so sweet!
A cool jellyfish...
I've actually made several jellyfish, but most of them look more like this guy with curly tentacles.
I created this little toad pattern in the dark while analyzing a movie in class one day, and I didn't know how he would really look, but I like it! His fat little belly is so cute.
Two colorful fish...
And a reindeer ornament. (See the yarn hanger?) I've done a snowman ornament, too.
So you see, I have been busy! I start a new class on Monday, a sociology class titled Inequality. I'm not super excited, but there really weren't any classes that excited me to choose from. With the budget cuts here on campus, many of the more fun classes or classes in smaller departments have been cancelled. So if I wanted to take a biology class, I would have lots of options, but if I wanted to take a Southwest Studies class, I only have one choice. (I thought about taking that class, but I've had the professor before and I didn't really like her.) Hopefully this class will turn out better than I'm expecting, though.

1 comment:

Jean said...

WOW! Love the food items and really love the cheeseburger. Too cute! The snowmen are very cute too. You are so talented and impress me with all the things you create. Thanks for posting. Have fun over the holidays, we'll sure miss you at home. Love you lots, MOM