Sunday, November 29, 2009

A wonderful trip...

So I'm back on campus after an amazing trip to Missouri. I flew into Kansas City on Tuesday evening and was met by Mark and Alex. (My flight got delayed for engine problems, and we had to get a new plane, so I got in around 11:30 pm rather than the projected 9:30 pm arrival time.) We drove to Gallatin, where Alex gave me her room for the duration of my stay. Do you know how good a comfortable bed feels after sleeping on a dorm room bed for three months? It was great.

On Wednesday I hung out with Alex and CJ all day, watching TV, playing Wii, and playing board games. Then we got up early Thursday morning and headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house for Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone was so surprised and happy to see me, and it was so great to see everyone. The food was awesome, too. We stayed there all day and then Alex and I headed home with Lisa.

We got up super early on Friday morning to go Black Friday shopping. We hit Walmart first, which was crazy packed. We ran into Aunt Penny, Cody, and Michelle there, which was kind of funny. I bought a new winter coat, since I don't wear the huge one I have. It was $15, but it's actually an outer coat and an inner coat (and the inner one is reversible) so you can wear it in pretty much any weather. We stayed in Columbia shopping all morning, and when we finally got back to Lisa's house we all took naps.

Friday night, we headed over to Tina's house for game night. I took this picture outside of Lisa's house.

It was an incredible sunset. Especially when I haven't seen a sunset in over three months. Here at school, the sun goes down behind the mountains, which is pretty, but doesn't really light up the sky with gorgeous colors.

At Tina's house, we had a ton of fun. We played games and talked and laughed and took pictures.
I met this sweet little girl. She's Brian's sister's daughter, and she was too cute.
(Can you believe how big Jacob is? I think he was still a toddler last time I saw him.)

And then Lisa with a halo. (I was pretending she was an angel. It did take a lot of imagination.)
On Saturday we got up and got ready to head back to Gallatin.
On the way, we picked up Madison, Tisha's gorgeous baby girl.
We also stopped by Andy and Michelle's house for another family get together/Thanksgiving dinner, with more great food. Then I said goodbye to everyone and we got on the road to Gallatin. Saturday night we played games, went out and ate fajitas for dinner, and took pictures of Madison.
(The face she makes for Lisa.)
(The face she makes for me.) :)



I think Madison looks a lot like Travis, but in this picture I think she looks a little like Grandma, lol.
This morning, Lisa, Madison, and I got up really early and headed for the airport. I had an uneventful flight home and am now back in my dorm room, not wanting to go to class tomorrow morning. Oh well. Only three weeks until I come home for Christmas! The craft fair is this weekend, so I'll be very busy this week.
I really want to thank everyone who made my trip to Missouri both possible and amazing, especially Aunt Lisa. I love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are wonderful Janie, had a great time with you and Alex. Where are the pictures of you and me? You crack me up by the comment you made of imagining that I'm an angel! love you sweetie...
Aunt Lisa

Anonymous said...

Ok Janie I can relate to the imagination of Lisa as an angel...but why no mention of stopping by Aunt Pam's house to say good bye....what am I chop liver.
Love you anyways.....
Aunt Pam

Anonymous said...

Janie this was beautiful. You're such a sweet girl and you honestly treasure and love your family. You can see that in your descriptions and pictures. Love ya girl and it was great to see you. Tina

Jean said...

I'm so jealous! It sounds like you had a wonderful time and I'm so glad you were able to spend the holiday surrounded by family. We missed you in Texas but we had a great time enjoying one anothers company. Same problem as every year...way too much food. :) Good luck getting everything together for the craft fair. thanks for posting the pics (and Aunt Lisa is an angel). Love you, MOM