Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fuzzy headed...

I have been busy lately, but my real reason for not posting sooner? I'm lazy. I just never want to take the time to actually post. I have been taking my P365 photos, though.

But, finally, here is the promised vegetable photo!

Right now, these may be my favorite Christmas present. (Or second favorite, actually. For a minute there I forgot about the computer. Oops.) But I'm constantly wearing my cozy new slippers because it has been so cold in my room!

And yep, I'm crocheting on a regular basis again. (Which you could probably tell by the cool Etsy sidebar I put up. Neat, huh?)

A little winter weather photo. I didn't realize until after the fact that the camera on my phone had a big smudge over it. Oh well.

More crocheting. I feel like this little puppy need a nose and mouth, but I can't decide what color they should be.
And I'm back to doing my Wii workouts! (Finally.) I'm not ashamed to say they're kicking my butt, either. I've been crazy sore from all the squats and lunges and, worst of all, inline skating. You crouch down and hold in a squatting position until a jump comes, and then you jump up, landing back in a squat. Over and over again. I hate it. But the rest of the routine is usually fun!

And a little twist on my usual crocheting- I've been using a bunch of free patterns I found. The only problem is that they're Japanese patterns. Written in Japanese. Which is where the fuzzy headedness comes in. However, they have charts with symbols, and once you memorize the symbols, it's not too difficult to translate. I've just been writing the patterns out in my pattern journal as I translate them. They're SO CUTE though, so I'll go through the effort it takes to get them. (I did add the heart in on this one. He was supposed to be holding a carrot.)
So that's basically all I've been doing. Except, you know, the super exciting news I have only told a few people. I'm applying for a domestic study abroad program (What an oxy-moron, huh?) in Chicago for this coming fall semester. It's an Urban Studies program and it just looks AMAZING. You can check it out at www.acm.edu/chicago. I really hope I get in, and if I do, I'll be a Southwest Studies major and an Urban Studies minor. Plus I'll spend four months living in Chicago. The application is due on Feb 10 on campus and March 15 at the ACM office, so I won't know for a while, but wish me luck now, anyways, if you'd like!

4 comments:

Jean said...

Good Luck on attending school in Chicago! I know from our many discussions how important this opportunity is to you. I'll miss you and will be jealous of those who live in Missouri since you'll only be 6-hours away from Aunt Lisa. Congrats on sticking to a healthier lifestyle (exercise and veggies, WOW!). I'm sure you feel great after the soreness wears off. I'm very proud of you! Thanks for posting your pics. They always make me smile. Love you lots, MOM

Becky_Hensley said...

Awesome on all accounts! I got invited to do domestic exchange in the fall but can't because it's my last semester and my capstone can only be taken here. Sounds like a great chance for you to get to know Chicago. Keep up the awesome pictures!

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of you attending school in Chicago!!! I too am trying to loose those pounds that hang around my boobs and belly. I did look for the wii dance at walmart in moberly over the weekend but they didn't have it. I'm no much in to veggies but have been eating apples, oranges, boiled eggs and cheese! I've lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks. wish it was lots more but guess I'll take what I can get...take care and love you sweetie...

Anonymous said...

Aunt Lisa