Sunday, May 9, 2010

Oh, Llama.

Llamapalooza was fun, but the selling wasn't great. I made about $100, and paid $30 for the booth. So that's kind of disappointing. But hey, at least I have a bunch of animals made and ready to sell now! The day itself was cold and windy. It was sunny for a while, but then the sun went away and never came back. One of the bands (a really awesome jazz group) joked about how somebody promised them it was going to be warm and sunny. "Well," he said, "somebody lied." It didn't get out of the 50s, and I was freezing the whole time. Plus the wind kept knocking over my animals, which was so annoying.

But anyways, here's my table. This was right after I first set up, and I did fix the uneven table cloth things. (Hey Trudy, recognize them?)

Here's a closeup of some of the animals, including my best sellers- the llamas. They were the first three things I sold.
Here's my view of the stage.
Okay, just kidding, that was the zoomed in version. Here's my actual view of the stage. I took these pictures before a ton of people showed up.
Here are the people! And, as you can see...no sun. There were free cheeseburgers and veggie burgers, but the line was so long that I didn't get one.
Here's another crowd view. You can see the graffiti mural they were making. You can also see the huge variety of seating that people brought in. There were at least fifty couches, and I also saw computer chairs, lawn chairs, recliners, futons, mattresses, and one blow up pool (with no water, of course).
There were a ton of fun things for people to do, including a huge bouncy house, a slip 'n slide (which no one was using because it was so cold), frisbees, sidewalk chalk, slacklining between trees, horseshoes, kite flying, and face painting. The face painting booth was right next to mine.
So, overall, Llama was fun, but I don't know if I'll sell there again. I like my nice, climate controlled, indoor sales. I did, however, trade with other crafters for some really awesome stuff. A little more about that next.

No comments: