Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Llamas for Llama

When I turned in my sign up sheet for selling at Llamapalooza, a girl asked me what I would be selling. I told her crocheted animals. She asked if I'd have llamas, since that would be just so perfect for Llamapalooza. Having never made a llama before, I just kind of smiled and laughed and said something like, "yeah, that would be cool".

The thought got stuck in my mind, so I decided to try to make a llama. Here's my first try. I think he's pretty cute.

His head is a little big for a llama, though.
So I tried again. Here is llama 2.o. What do you think? Which one do you prefer?
And here's just a quick snapshot of my "work station". I've been putting together animals as fast as I can, while watching TV or listening to music on my computer.

So far I've got 47 completed animals. My goal is to get five more done tonight, then finish putting together all the animal pieces I have completed tomorrow. Then I'll use Friday and Saturday morning to get everything ready, find some things to set up a nice table front, and gear up for the sale. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

ABCD Diaries said...

They are both adorable, like everything else you make, but the 2nd one looks a little more like a llama:) Good Luck and Have Fun!!

Jean said...

I would have to say llama 2.0 is my fav of the two. Although they're both very cute. Did you make another peacock to sell? That may be my alltime favorite though nothing compares to "Sam" the sock monkey you made me for Christmas. Good luck and may you sell all you've made. We love you and are looking forward to your return. See you next week. Love you, MOM