Friday, October 10, 2008

Homecoming and a little owl...

So this weekend is Homecoming/Parent's Weekend on campus. Do you know what that means? Ridiculous amounts of people with name tags running around, forming long lines in places that hardly ever have ANY line. I stood in line for 10 minutes today just to GET INTO the cafeteria. That's not even counting the huge lines at every station in the cafeteria. YIKES! I'm glad I have some food in my room- maybe I'll just not leave Bemis Hall until Monday morning for class! Think of all the crocheting and scrapbooking I could get done...not to mention the laundry and class reading...

I finished an owl today...this is a bigger size than the other animals I've been making, it's the "Mommy" rather than the "Baby" size. It's about 5 inches tall, and super cute.
I plan to sell it, maybe on Etsy, I'm not sure. However, I don't have any idea whatsoever on how to price these things. How much would you pay? (Keeping in mind that making these animals is a time-consuming task) I'd really love some opinions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you have to encounter all the long lines, but if I recall correctly there should be some free food somewhere with all the visitors around. :)

I love the owl...too cute. Maybe you should make the baby as well and sell as a set. Not sure how you should price such an awesome item so maybe you should check where other crafters are selling to get an idea for pricing your work. I would pay big bucks for some of these handmade crafts. We love you in Texas, MOM