Sunday, October 12, 2008

A quick weekend...

Wow...this weekend really flew by! A couple of highlights:

1. I sold the owl! It was only listed for TWO days, and it sold for $15. I'm really excited about that.

2. I've had SO MANY super nice people from 2Peas tell me that they love my work and want to work with me on making them custom amigurumis. I'm exited about this, too, because it's really a challenge to me to have a picture of what someone wants and then try to create a pattern from the picture.

3. I've been packing and getting ready for my trip this week!

About the trip...I'm leaving with my class tomorrow at 8 am for Santa Fe, and won't be back on campus until Friday. This is pretty much the highlight of our class. We're meeting artist Arlene Cisneros Sena at her home studio and art studio, then driving to Abiquiu and settling in to Dar al-Islam, where we're staying in a yurt. We're going to hike Ghost Ranch and then have class afterwards.

On Tuesday, we have class in the morning, then we're meeting with a representative at Dar al-Islam's mosque and getting a tour, then hiking La Plaza Blanca (the White Place). After dinner we're going to a concert and storytelling event with the Zevk Ensemble. While we're in Abiquiu we're supposed to have traditional Middle Eastern food, which kind of worries me since I'm so picky...lol.

On Wednesday we drive back to Colorado, to Crestone and the Baca campus (a retreat campus in the San Luis Valley). We're going to hike Great Sand dunes National Park and Monument, which is a really cool experience. This will be my third time at the Sand Dunes. That night we have a man who identifies as a Crypto-Jew coming to speak to us. I can't wait for that because the history of Crypto-Jews and their current plight is really interesting.

Thursday we have class in the morning, then we're visting the San Isabel hermitages, where my professors live.

Friday we have morning class again and then we head back to campus! All in all it's going to be VERY busy and fun. I plan on taking a ton of pictures and I'll post some when I get back. Actually, the picture at the top of the page was taken from the Baca Campus, so you kind of get an idea of how isolated and beautiful it is out there.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog =0) I now have 16 hexagons made YAY.

I am with the rest of the peas, your stuff is adorable, I love the owl and that is saying a lot because I have an un-reasonable loathing for owls. I think it was my 70's upbringing LOL

I can't figure out the whole amigarumi (However you spell that) thing, I think my brain works in straight lines and 3 dimensional is just beyond me LOL

PS I think you should keep the hat, it looks darling on you!