Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My hard work...

I sent home a priority mail box of all of the stuff I've been crocheting lately- that box was STUFFED! Here's a picture of everything I stuffed in it:
I have something for each of the nieces and nephews, and then a hat and a scarf for Dad for his birthday. My favorite mail room lady, Debbie, tried to buy the animals off of me while I was packing the box! She said she definitely wants to buy a penguin, puppy, and octopus, and asked me to bring the pattern book to her so she can see if she wants me to make her any other animals. Now I really just need to figure out how to price these things. Any ideas?

Here's a picture of Nico's sleep sack, since I haven't posted that here yet:Before I sent it today I added buttons. I'm hoping it fits fine, and that he doesn't grow out of it too quickly, since it was a kind of laborious project.

On a funny note: I was making a pair of mittens for my Dad to also be included in his birthday present. I bought an expensive skein of yarn just for these mittens, and spent a LONG time crocheting the first mitten. I sewed it all together, and it looks great- but it barely fits MY hand. There's no way it would fit his hand! I'm kind of disappointed, but maybe at some point I'll make the other one and then have a pair of mittens for myself. Here's a picture of it:

2 comments:

Stacey Michaud said...

Wow! Love all your projects! What great gifts!

~B said...

I really want to learn how to do all of this. I need a teacher. I can't learn from a book or online.