Friday, March 27, 2009

Las diferencias entre de SP101 y SP201.

(The differences between SP101 and SP201.)

Not only is SP201 harder and more fast paced than SP101, we're also expected to write essays. In Spanish. Every week. I just finished up my first one, 300 palabras sobre los estereotipos (300 words about stereotypes). It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but it takes me a lot longer to write in Spanish than it does to write in English! I have to stop and think about every word.

I'm sorry to say that the regular schedule of pictures will resume tomorrow, not today, because today I have some pretty cool blizzard pictures! Yep, yesterday Colorado Springs experienced the first blizzard of the year. I didn't have to go to class, which was pretty cool. I took some pictures out my window so you can see what it was like for me.

Here it is just snowing:

The wind started picking up:

The wind is really strong here:

And finally, white out conditions. My first blizzard! Woohoo!

These pictures were all taken around 3 pm yesterday. They kind of look black and white, but they are in color! This morning the sun came out and I haven't seen any more snow falling, but it's piled up outside. All morning I've been able to hear the snow drifts cascading down the roof since I'm on the fourth floor. (As I wrote that I heard another huge chunk of snow/ice slide down!) It's pretty cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Janie for sending the snow towards Missouri? We are suppose to get this storm on Saturday and chance of 4 to 6 inches in Sturgeon. Travis is in St Joseph for the weekend and they are calling for 10 to 12 inches. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...it's spring and we shouldn't be getting snow. Of course I live in Missouri and if you don't like the weather wait until tomorrow it will change! love you sweetie, Aunt Lisa