Thursday, March 5, 2009

Two sets finished!

I can't believe I've made ten of these little finger puppets, and have finished two sets (Jungle/Safari animals and household pets). This turtle was a little more complex to think through, because I couldn't just make a green head and expect people to know that it's a turtle. So I just made an entire small turtle. S/he's pretty cute.


Our field trip this morning went very well...it was in the 60s, sunny, and very windy all day. There were no clouds in the sky, which you can see in these pictures. The sky here is so amazingly blue. (Note: these pictures are not Photoshopped at all; this is really what the sky looks like!)

And this adorable little girl is Pearl. She's my professor's dog, and she's come with us on field trips a couple of times. She's still a puppy, so she is super curious, and loves hiking around with us.

Because it was so sunny, I did get a tiny bit sunburned today. It feels strange, because I haven't had a sunburn in so long! Tomorrow is a research day, so I don't have class. (I love 3 day weekends!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just tried to post a lovely message for you, but my internet connection is being crazy so I lost the whole message.

Suffice to say I can't wait to see you next weekend, and I'm loving your blog even though I mainly lurk and don't comment (I will try harder in the future!).

Anonymous said...

The turtle is terrific! Seriously, your talent is not wasted. I really enjoy your creativity. I can't wait for you to help me get started with some digital scrapbooking when you're home. Your pages have inspired me to give it a try. Enjoy your 3-day weekend. Love you, MOM