Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The results are in...

about class selection for next year!

But I'm going to make you wait, and show you a cute layout I did yesterday first! This layout uses Amanda Heimann's Grape Soda and Sunshine kit, available here.


All kinds of good news today. First, I got an email back from Financial Aid, and they said "we will not take any aid from you" and "your aid will not be affected" to my questions about going off the meal plan next year and how that could/would change my financial aid package. They also told me that any aid they give OVER the amount that is due, so if I owed $42,000 and they gave me $43,000 (which I think is about right, actually), they will just cut me a check for the extra $1,000. Which is awesome.

Okay. Now about classes. Bad news first. I didn't get into one of my classes, and it was one I was very excited about: Environmental Justice in the Southwest. And I'm #16 on the waiting list, so I don't think there's any chance of me getting in, which is a bummer. I think I'm going to fill that empty spot (block 2) with a class called "Re-enchanting the World: An Ecological Perspective". But anyways, here's my schedule for next year!

Block 1: Topics in Studio Art: Fiber Arts

Blcok 2: (empty for now)

Block 3: Topics in Southwest Studies/Film Studies: The Western

Block 4: Mentoring At-Risk Youth

Block 5: Foundations of Nonviolence

Block 6: Southwestern Art and Culture

Block 7: Photography

Block 8: Southwest American Indian Music

I'm pretty positive I'm going to have so much fun next year! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

2 comments:

Jean (aka Janie's Mom and biggest fan) said...

Oh, Janie, I'm so happy for you. I know you really wanted the class you're on a wait list for, but the others sound awesome, so I'm sure you'll have another great year there at CC. I loved the Nico layout...too cute. Take care! Love you, MOM

BeckyHensley said...

Those sound like awesome classes. When you're down here for the summer I'll be taking algebra and spanish for six weeks and then cultural anthropology and spanish for another six weeks. I'm glad you were able to get most of the classes you want, and the replacement class you have for block 2 still sounds pretty cool.