Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I've got a lot to say...

First, I'll start with some sweet new layouts, using three of Amanda Heimann's new kits, and one older kit. The first uses Truly Yours, from the Digi Files #2.



The second uses Amanda's new collab with Bella Gypsy, Tomfoolery. I really love the colors in this kit, they're so vibrant. Tomfoolery will be in Amanda's store sometime this week.


This third layout uses Firefly Lane, a new collab between Amanda and Ziggle Designs. (I love what they come up with together!) You can check it out at Scrap Orchard, here.


This last layout I thought I had posted here already, but I guess I missed it somehow! It uses Amanda's other collab with Ziggle Designs, Smooches. You can check it out here.

I've got plenty to say about what's going on right now, but let me go back to block break really quickly. Of course, it was so much fun, like I said before, but here's a picture that I think summarizes the whole break. (Robert agrees!)

Here I am, looking super cute (lol), but bored enough that I'm taking pictures of myself, while Robert is siting on the bed in a Wii coma. I swear, he (and I, to a lesser extent) played that thing for HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS. It's a good thing that I'm pretty good at entertaining myself on the computer! (Okay, it wasn't that bad, but I just really love this photo.)

Here's the same photo, but with some things marked that I feel like explaining. (I'm bored, alright?)

#1. Well, you can see the Valentine's card Rob brought me, but really I'm trying to show you the gorgeous card Ella sent me. It's above and kind of behind Robert's card. Ella, I adore the card. It is fantastically beautiful, and I hung it up on my wall of cards using the string of beads.
#2. Robert's comatose video game face. I do have a picture where his tongue is sticking out, in deep concentration, but I'm not in it! (Which means I will not post it, lol.)
#3. One of my super cute new shirts. I bought it at Target, presumably for the photo shoot, but I ended up wearing the other shirt I bought. However, it does look amazing on me, and Megan swears that this color purple is MY COLOR. (I don't know how she knows this, but some other lady in the dressing room said it looked nice, too, so I'll believe it.)
#4. My magnet collection on the fridge, which has never been used (this year). Does anyone have any ideas for what I can do with them? I feel bad that I'm not using them, but what can I put on my fridge?
#5. The requisite Ramen Noodle Soup. I am a college student, you know.
#6. My trash can that always seems to be overflowing. You should see it right now. It's about a foot taller. I really need a bigger trash can. Do you think anyone would care if I took the gigantic one from out in the hall?


Okay, enough of that. Lora (our photographer) was supposed to mail me the CD with all of our pictures today! That means I'll probably get it on Thursday, which is super exciting. I can't wait to see all of the pictures!
So I've started a new class, which is more interesting and informative than I thought it would be. I swear, I've learned more BRAND NEW information (stuff I'd never even heard of before) in the past two days than in any other two days I've had at CC. My class is titled Geology of Antarctica: A Record of Global Climate Change. I'm learning so much about Antarctica, it's amazing.
Plus, we don't have to buy any books; we're reading really current popular literature and news sources instead. My professor is a super cool geologist lady, who has actually been to Antarctica NINE times, for a total of 18 months of her life. I'm pretty excited about the rest of the course. We have three day trips, beginning tomorrow.
Tomorrow we're just going around locally, in the Springs, in Manitou Springs, and of course to Garden of the Gods. (I think about 50% of CC classes go to Garden of the Gods.) Next week, however, we're going to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science (where Obama just signed the Stimulus Bill, which I think is pretty cool). I'm not sure where we're going third week, but I'm sure it'll be cool. I'll keep you updated.
So does anyone remember that I was on an IM basketball team last semester? Well, I've been talked into it again this semester. I missed the first two games week before last (one night I was sick, the other I had my research paper to write), but I made it to the game tonight. We're a pretty bad team, truly.
We were losing 48-11 at halftime, and we tried to get out of the second half, but the other team wanted to keep playing. The bribed us into playing another half, saying that they wouldn't do any more fast breaks, we would only play ten minutes, and one of the scorekeepers could play on our team. (That's how pathetic we are, lol.) We still lost 58-16 (I was told it was actually more than 58, but they stopped adding points to the scoreboard).
We have our next game on Thursday, so wish us some luck? We could really use it.
(I told you I had a lot to say! Hope everyone's doing well!)

3 comments:

Trudy said...

Ella says stick some pictures of dogs and cats on your fridge and, yes, you should definitely get a bigger trash can. She also wondered if you'd seen any penguins since you're studying Antarctica. We went hiking the other day and had a ton of fun in a primordial mud pit. I'll send you some pics.

Anonymous said...

You have been busy. I think you should request that your nieces and nephews make little pictures to hang on your fridge. Then you can hang them up with the photos of cats and dogs. LOL! I love the layouts you've been working on. Does this mean you'll be going to digital scrap classes &/or crops when we go to the GASC in Arlington? Glad you had so much fun over break. Love you lots, MOM

ABCD Diaries said...

ari says to hang pics of ella, egan and aunt trudy with your magnets...maybe i'll have her draw them for you:)